Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sarah Haskins and Target: women

Sarah Haskins and her viral videos about advertising targeting women are hysterical and unfortunately too true.

Target: Women - Weddings


Target: Women - Yogurt



Target: Women - Suffrage

You can read more about her on The Bastion's Inside With: Sarah Haskins

pushups: 6/5/3/3/7
I tried to do the 11 today, and I can eek them out, but I know I'm not doing them right (an probably wrecking my elbow joints in the process), so I dropped down to level 1. Roommate showed me her form yesterday, and she is my hero! She looks like an Olympian! I'm going to try to be honest with myself. I used to do push-ups when I jogged at the track, and for some reason I didn't remember them being this hard. But I will stick with the program! One suggestion that we both agree on: "engaging" you butt and thighs helps you to not focus on how many you have left.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad she made fun of the show "bulging brides". Those women were skinny!!! Arrgghh

Anonymous said...

The yogurt one was really funny. But in our house, it's dad who eats it, full fat if possible and with fruit on the bottom. Give me frozen yogurt with no redeeming social value, that's another story. When the adman cometh let it be opposite day.

Chantastic said...

she is hilarious. i nearly spit out my Activia at the start of the yogurt video (which was made exponentially funnier by the fact that I was *actually* eating Activia). hilarious.

and how flattered am i to be someone's push-up hero! =) in addition to engaging the legs/butt/abs/whole body, another thing that helps me is that, in my head, i don't do a set of 15 -- i do 3 sets of 5 ;)

today: 16/13/11/11/15

Laura said...

I almost gave up the push-ups because I accidentally missed my 1st day this week - but I thought of the 'curve' posse and decided to try one more week. Thanks for the tips. Today wasn't too bad.