Monday, July 28, 2008

Petting and other things to keep you frisky

Last week I got to witness the miracle of life, I experienced the birth of four kittens. I like cats, although it's been quite a while since I lived with one, and I'd say since the death of my favorite fur ball Almy before I graduated high school, the urge to pick one up and cuddle with them had diminished.

Recently, I've been getting sucked back into the 'cat lover' realm. I'm not quite the pick-up-a-stray-cat-in-Paris kinda girl I used to be, but petting a cat is one of those things that completely disarms me, and it's nice to re-realize this notion. You want something from this xx, hand me a friendly cat, wait two minutes and then ask me. Not to mention, women like men who like cats.

Petting and holding KITTENS takes it up an extra notch, and I wonder if there is some type of seratonin response. They are so tiny and defenseless and lovable.

I totally buy into the "owning an animal is good for your health" (especially cats) which if you're not familiar with, you can read about for yourself, but I think an important sentance from that about.com article was the "pets don’t judge us; they just love us." And who doesn't like to be loved unconditionally?

I'm including a picture I found on the internet that looked very similar to the cuteness of it all because I don't have my camera cable yet, but check back cause I will update with real pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, so cute. I had a dream about Almond last week! He was a young "man" then, almost sleek (ha ha.) Gotta love these beasts. Can't wait for the real pictures.

Emily said...

post the real pictures when you're feeling better. love you!