I've been sick an astonishing number of times in the last three years ( as my roommate and Laura G can attest to). I'm a big pile of unlikableness when I'm sick. Whiny and helpless, I'd rather sleep the sickness away than stand to be aware of my own body. I get a standard roll call of chapped lips, then sore throat and swollen tonsils, sore neck,head ache, then congestion, and finally cough. I think I tend to get it after a bad round with my allergies... but to be honest I have not been able to really pin it down. This weekend was not an exception as I rounded out probably the fourth time I've been sick with my standard deal this year. I threw all I could at it, including echinacia, airborne, emergen-c, day-Quil, tons of tea, honey, hot water, soup etc. Not to mention I crashed and slept almost a full 24 hours! I thought the clock must have stopped. It seems particularly odd to be sick when the weather is so hot.Anyway, I think the worst is done with, so hopefully I can get back to life.
An suggestions to prevent such onslaughts? I'm willing to try anything once...
1 comment:
I was sick this weekend, too! Except I never get sick. Because I'm awesome. But then sometimes I do. And then I take ibuprofen. I noticed that wasn't on your list, but I think everyone should always take ibuprofen, because I've found it's the only thing that helps with that general "I'm siiiiick" feeling. That's my medical opinion. (Also, does your nose get incredibly stuffed up with your allergies? So much so that you get out of breath while you're eating? And then you're like, Why am I out of breath from eating? And you feel like you must be really gross? And then you realize you just aren't breathing because your mouth is closed, because you're chewing? And then you're like, Damn, this closed-mouth chewing thing is way socialized into me? That happens to me.) Feel better!
Post a Comment