Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bloom Again

The Thin Pink Line is another blog I have recently started to check regularly, that I may of found on alltop or technorati or some blog roll.

In an entry today, it mentions a very dear friend of my mother's, Dr. Kathleen Kelly Reardon, and I realized that the blog is written by four women, and one of them is actually her! I'd gotten so caught up in reading the posts I missed the description of the blog (in the purple box). The term is something I really can relate to.

My Aunt Kathy, as I've always known her, is an extremely impressive woman and I will feature her in a future xx inspiration spotlight, but right now I will focus on the organization highlighted by Dr. Lois Frankel's post, Bloom Again. A commendable concept, the charity focuses on supporting women during difficult times. Dr. Frankel though of the idea when she was recovering from breast cancer.
"Bloom Again is a charitable foundation devoted to empowering women and girls by providing financial assistance that enables them to leave abusive relationships, attend school, or start businesses. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of artwork and crafts on this site go toward scholarships, grants, and loans to encourage women's financial independence"
Please check out how it works, again this is another great way to purchase a gift that means more. www.bloomagain.org/


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen Bloom Again before you pointed it out.Great mission. One of Kathy's paintings is for sale on their site. From it, I visited her own set of paintings which can be purchased to support one of her other select charities or one of your own liking. These women are wonders, overcoming disease, developing new talents and giving back.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your mention of Bloom Again and The Thin Pink Line! Just last week we finally received official notification of our nonprofit status and have received hundreds of dollars in donations. I feel so fortunate to have a circle of supportive friends and colleagues who helped launch Bloom Again. I so strongly believe that if we are to change what's wrong with the world we must unleash the collective power of women. Together we make a difference.