Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Even if you don't care for Rosie...

I don't want this blog to be about any one thing that I think about, but rather an amalgamation of things women think about. Random stuff mixed with thoughts and issues on exercise, career, politics, men, art, finances, current events, and most importantly supporting each other.

While I do try to think and discuss with others how to make myself a better person, I tend to fight my body image inner voice alone. The truth of the matter is that whether you read Cosmo, the Economist, or Feminist.com, I don't know any one woman who doesn't have body issues. I really tried to think on this; if it's not weight related (both sides of the too large, too small, too muscle-y, too whatever spectrum), it's hair, or nails, or skin. The only woman that came to mind was Samantha Jones, and she is fictional.

Keeping that in mind, this made me smile.

I saw it on the-f-word, it's a viral video that responded to the fact that Rosie O'Donnell does not like to wear swimsuits to the beach with her children because the media hounds her.




Much love ladies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Age has an interesting way of rearranging your body. Another adjustment. Anyway, after 15 years, I finally bought two new bathing suits last month.

Anonymous said...

It is funny, because a friend and I were just commenting that we seem to talk about body issues one-on-one (if at all), but not as a group.