The reason this is a neat thing to do is because it's such a long list, and almost three years is quite some time, so you don't hesitate to put anything and everything on there. You don't have to be careful about your decision you just write it all down, including short, intermediate and long term goals.
Here is an example of one of them. Here is another. etc. They even give you a calculator to figure out when the 1001 days is up, and code (for a blog for example) that lets you put the count down. Just my style. Now I happen to turn 30 a few months short of said 1001 days, so I modified my day count, to end on my thirtieth birthday. Bombs away!
Here are my 101 goals (completed)
1.
2.
3. Learn how to dance salsa.
4. Learn how to meditate and sit by myself once a day for a month.
5. Go to a wine tasting.
6. Go Sky-diving.
7.
8.
9. Read one book a month for a year (0/12)
10. Take a self defense class
11. Drink only water as a beverage for a month
12. Go with out TV for a month
13. Eat only at home for a month
14. Prepare 5 meals on the weekend for the next week for a month
15. Ride my bike everywhere for a month
16. Walk everywhere for a month
17. Go for a half hour walk everyday, first thing when I wake up, for a month
18. Do push-ups 3x a week for two months
19.
20. Get my wisdom teeth out
21.
22.
23. Make a dessert for my co-workers 'just because' once a month for 6 months (0/6)
24. Tell ten people I appreciate them, and why (0/10)
25.
26. Become an organ donor
27.
28.
29.
30. Do xx inspirational spotlights once a month for a year
31. Write about organizations making a difference once a month for a year
32.
33. Contribute to my IRA at least half of the maximum contribution (
34.
35.
36.
37.
38. Go to Mexico
39. Go to Hawaii
40. Go to Brazil
41. Go someplace spontaneously for the weekend
42. Take the train to an unknown destination for a night
43.
44.
45.
46.
47. Really learn about stem cell research and explain why it's important to my mother
48. Make 50 recipes from Joy of cooking (1/50)
50. Learn how to check and fill tires with air
51.
52. Learn another language
53. Attend a money related seminar
54. Grow something edible
55.
56. Learn how to make clothing (with a sewing machine)
57. Learn how to sew hem
58. Go to a play
59. Go to a concert
60. Go to an art museum
61. Visit a local winery
62. Pick blueberries, strawberries, apples and peaches (1/4)
63. Read 5 biographies (0/5)
64. Write and mail a thinking of you card
65. Give blood
66. Start a company
67.
68.
69.
70.
71. Spend 24 hours with out using electricity
72. Go camping
73. Stay at a bed and breakfast
74.
75.
76. Go Kayaking
77. Go to bed at 10 for a month
78. Wake up at 6 am for a month
79. Take an art class
80. Read 100 Years of Solitude
81. Do a jigsaw puzzle with more than 1000 pieces
82. Walk everyday for a month
83.
84. Have a tag sale
85. Make a snowman
86. Go swimming in a lake
87. Get dirty. Like mud from my head to my toes, and under my nails!
88. Throw a themed dinner party
89. Go Surfing
90.
91. Go with out using cuss words for a month (for real. I have to start the month over if I slip up)
92.
93. Learn 10 new recipes and be able to cook them well
94. Learn how to knit
95. Have a picnic
96. Go a week with out saying anything negative
97.
98. Bake the 50 best cookie recipes on the internet
99. Go see a musical live
100.
101. Follow through with something that makes me happy
5 comments:
this is great!
It make me want to do this. Maybe I'll post it on my site too. I'll sky dive with you :)
Africa before Seattle, eh? I see how it is. :). But that IS an awesome idea! I'm making a list now, too. (Not appearing on mine: drink only water as a beverage for one month. That's got to be harder than starting a company.)
It's not possible that you will be 30 in 882 days!!! What happened to my baby? I made a much shorter list like this the first time I retired and I have it somewhere. Still have to go fishing.
I altered my list to end on my 30th birthday also! I just need to start editing the list. :)
Post a Comment