As I mentioned before, I use google reader. This is similar to an inbox for rss feeds (from blogs or news organizations), and great for one-stop internet time sync. Although browsing the internet can be a total distraction, I feel like google reader helps me to make it a controlled distraction. If I need a break at work, I'll do a little google reading for an half and hour or so. Just one site to stop at.Recently a friend asked me what sites I subscribe to and how I find them. I would say I usually am most interested in blogs about women (hence my own blog being about women -- mostly), current events and news, people I know, organization and life advicey ... etc.
Besides people I know, blog rolls are mostly where I find new interesting blogs. On sites I frequent, there are usually blog rolls that list blogs the author visits; birds of a feather.... I've also occasionally checked out general categories ( for ideas about what to write about) at places that have more extensive cataloging of blogs like technorati, blogher, alltop. Google has a blog search although I haven't found it too helpful.
The other best way to find blogs you like to read: word of mouth. Ask around.
Let me know if you have a great blog you are reading!
1 comment:
Hello Ms. Nicky! :-)
Not sure if you check out Jezebel.com--it's part of the Gawker Media empire but has some amazing posts on politics, feminism and the like that I think you'll really appreciate. But I must warn you--it's easy to keep a window open and manically hitting "refresh" as they post every fifteen minutes from 9-7 during the work week. The commenters are hilarious and you can learn much from them--it's nice.
Also--go to Buttercup Punch (http://buttercuppunch.wordpress.com/). I think you'll like them as well--they were some old guard on Jezebel, but due to recent developments have defected to their own blog.
And really, you need to go to MY blog: http://bellethellama.wordpress.com as it's all about intelligent style and design.
But I'm a shameless whore and will have the link with my name. ;-)
Post a Comment