Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Two-A-Day's?

I made a personal goal to write in this blog everyday for a month. I've made it two weeks, so I'm patting myself on the back for making it halfway by doing a double.

Actually, the real reason I'm doing a double it because I wanted to tell my roommate about this, and lately I've been starting all my sentences with "I'm going to blog about it, but ...", which probably doesn't make it as exciting for her... and I'm pretty sure she makes up about 50% of my readership right now. I couldn't wait until tomorrow.

One thing you should know about me: I'm a member of the Google cult. I'm like one of those people who goes door-to-door. So, I just DISCOVERED Google reader. A-MAZ-ING. Makes it super easy to keep track of blogs, news etc. Its comparable to 'visual' bookmarks. You can add all the blogs you read there, rss feeds, etc. It lets you know how many new entries there have been since you last read (you know you're crushed a little when you keep checking a blog and it hasn't been updated). They have a blog too. Check it out!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Thats pretty cool! I think you should go work for them

Emily said...

http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/

Emily said...

Google.org Job:

Google's reach spans the globe, yet our hope is that by aggressively applying our resources to address the world's most significant social problems, Google.org will one day surpass the parent company's worldwide influence. We have a deep passion to find innovative solutions and entrepreneurial approaches to such issues as global poverty, climate change and global public health. Google.org encompasses the Google Foundation, the leveraging of Google resources to address specific company projects, and the development and solicitation of partnerships and contributions to for-profit and non-profit entities.

Global Communications and Public Affairs Manager, Advertising - New York


This position is based in New York, NY.

The area: Global Communications and Public Affairs
Calm nerves, clear thoughts, sharp focus – and the ability to keep smiling sincerely as a rush of people simultaneously demand instant satisfaction. Those are a few descriptions of the personalities in the Communications team. And here's one more: unflappable. We live in a fast, dynamic, sometimes hard-hitting world where no two days are ever the same. Our job is to present Google, its products and its positions to audiences that include our users, partners, shareholders, employees and the media. We're strategic thinkers with large doses of creativity, initiative and endless curiosity – not to mention grace and poise. We want to redefine conventional wisdom, not just echo it.

Global Communications and Public Affairs (New York - New York)

Calm nerves, clear thoughts, sharp focus – and the ability to keep smiling sincerely as a rush of people simultaneously demand instant satisfaction. Those are a few descriptions of the personalities in the Communications team. And here's one more: unflappable. We live in a fast, dynamic, sometimes hard-hitting world where no two days are ever the same. Our job is to present Google, its products and its positions to audiences that include our users, partners, shareholders, employees and the media. We're strategic thinkers with large doses of creativity, initiative and endless curiosity – not to mention grace and poise. We want to redefine conventional wisdom, not just echo it.

Online Operations

The Online Sales and Operations team keeps Google growing and profitable. We are dedicated to supporting the company's growing base of advertisers, publishers and users in more than 40 languages on a global basis, and providing them with the highest levels of service. We are responsible for generating revenue from a broad range of products such as AdWords, AdSense, Gmail and Google Earth. This means that OSO team members need to be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible – and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.


Just a few :)

Emily said...

UMMMMMMMMMM they ALSO have google PHOTOS. very cool.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?hl=en_US&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Flh%2Flogin%3Fcontinue%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fpicasaweb.google.com%252Fhome%253Fhl%253Den%2526tab%253Dwq&service=lh2&passive=true

Emily said...

Obviously I'm really into this blog...

Chantastic said...

ooooh! i'm excited! however, i must come back to this at the end of the day -- i'm afraid that if i set it up now it will take over my entire morning ;)

emily -- you're hilarious =)

-the roommate

xx Nicky said...

I already use:

gmail
calendar
igoogle
scholar
froogle
finance
groups
books
blogs
photos
orkut

and I check Google labs like once a month... at least.

Chantastic said...

googlereader ROCKS. MY. WORLD!!! i *LOVE* it!!!

Laura said...

Hey, I'm a reader, too. And I was just noticing how you've been bumped to the top of my blog checklist - because I know you'll have something new and interesting to read. I was just thinking that it must be hard to keep it up as much as you have.

I'm supposed to do push-ups tonight. I'm really not in the mood.

Anonymous said...

Add my admiration for hitting the two week mark. Is daily publishing hard? I've been thinking about those pushups and I started with the girly kind last night. I have some weights I carried to Maine too, have to lug those out next. and Google jobs in NY!! How great is that.