Picture it, six-thirty AM in Penn Station in NY. I was standing in the concourse waiting for them to post the terminal I needed to make my way to. As they announced it, and I redistributed the weight of my luggage to make a move, an advertisement crossed my line of vision.
"Lose Wait"
Since I was in a rush, I didn't have a chance to read it to find out what you presumably were not going to need to wait around for but I did think it was clever. I love clever ads. I then proceeded to try and think of what the product must have been. Many things came to mind, but an introspective idea came to take over.
Pardon the serious tone.
I feel like besides the anticipation of losing weight (which was the first thing I thought of with the pun), often we are waiting for something to happen; someone to come along, some career milestone, vacation, etc. Right now I have big changes looming on my horizon and it's making me quite antsy. I'm a big goal fan, and I run -- maybe too much -- on ambition, but I think I need to recognize things that are great, right now, all around me. I'm not waiting. I'm living.

"Lose Wait"
Since I was in a rush, I didn't have a chance to read it to find out what you presumably were not going to need to wait around for but I did think it was clever. I love clever ads. I then proceeded to try and think of what the product must have been. Many things came to mind, but an introspective idea came to take over.
Pardon the serious tone.
I feel like besides the anticipation of losing weight (which was the first thing I thought of with the pun), often we are waiting for something to happen; someone to come along, some career milestone, vacation, etc. Right now I have big changes looming on my horizon and it's making me quite antsy. I'm a big goal fan, and I run -- maybe too much -- on ambition, but I think I need to recognize things that are great, right now, all around me. I'm not waiting. I'm living.

2 comments:
Wow, what a great idea. You are right and it's such a good reminder to smell the roses. I find myself looking ahead too often too. Thanks for the shake me up.I think I'll go out and appreciate the sun and ocean breeze and be thankful for today. mom
I love it. it is SO true! I am usually someone who lives instead of waiting but your posts makes me realize that I have been waiting and holding my breath for some time.
Thx for the wise remind...!
Post a Comment