My favorite part of her entry:
And you know what? He wasn’t the enemy, he didn’t have any more power over me, and most importantly, it took the anxiety out of the situation. Just that little positive spin in my head took out all the drama. The drama so many of us mistake for passion.Key point. Mistaking drama for passion.
Hopefully enough time has past you can see what was really there at the bottom of things, probably not something bad, but not something "right".
She pointed out something I never thought about before:
Mostly, I was afraid I was going to want him again. I was afraid of MY reaction, not his and what kind of inner turmoil it would cause.It's true. Being afraid of you own reaction is a very scary feeling. But time does a body good, and hopefully even if you're afraid of how you'll react, you'll end up proud of yourself, and that's the best dose of self confidence a gal can give herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment