Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Curves of life

As someone who is trying to figure out what to do in life I rather like this quote.
The main things which seem to me important on their own account, and not merely as means to other things, are knowledge, art, instinctive happiness, and relations of friendship or affection.
Bertrand Russell

I'm practical, but there is part of me that wants to let "knowledge, art, instinctive happiness, and relations of friendship or affection" rule my life. Can you have it all?

There are all these tid-bits of information on the internet, some much more practical than others, some more cynical than others.

I guess it's hard to rate jobs because ultimately it's an average of reactions from all different types of people. Where do you even begin? If you're not sure the field, a location? If you're not sure the location, the hours? Uhg. Any advice is welcome. Especially from those who have changed "Career Paths".

1 comment:

Chantastic said...

what's "instinctive happiness"?...