Ask anyone I've lived with (read chantastic), I hate hate hate throwing away things that someone can use. I have literally every pen, every piece of stationary, every bottle of lotion anyone has ever given to me. I'm even hesitant to throw something away when the expiration date has passed (although I don't mess around with dairy).
But turning over a new leaf I made a huge pile of everything I didn't or couldn't bring with me, and had a tag sale.
This picture was taken toward the end, side-note: exercise step belonged to my mother, so it doesn't look like much, but trust me there was. At the beginning I was a little gun shy selling somethings but in the end I was practically (in some cases literally) giving the stuff away. 150$ for a 28 year collection of stuff probably worth 10 times that much. But it felt so liberating to get rid of it.Beyond cloths and picture frames etc, I also have a lot of stuff you probably wouldn't sell at a tag sale, like lotion and shampoo and advil. I have the bad habit of buying things in anticipation of needing them. I might need that tamarind for a recipe - some day. I might need the mini-sized deodorant for traveling. You can never have enough ibuprophen, I can keep one more bottle in the car.
Result: I have a lot of perfectly usable, definitely-will-have-to-buy-some-of-this-over-there things I shouldn't give space to in my suitcase.
So while I have gotten rid of SO much, there is still so much to go.I don't think I'll need suede cleaner over in SD....
4 comments:
Check out. :)
http://makeundermylife.com/
oh yeah, I checked it out and obvs already love that....
I would have taken some of your crap. You know my cheap ass loves free stuff!
When was the tag sale? Do NOT tell me I missed this last Sat. in WH...
Hope you had a good trip!
Post a Comment