Under some interesting circumstances on two different nights of a not so distant weekend, I met two different men, both of which I had met and been attracted to briefly in the past.
Two completely different types of men. One smart and a little introvert, the type of guy I gravitate to, and try and end up sitting next to at a dinner party. The second guy brazen, cocky in an unnecessary way. Verbally sharp, I was entertained to say the least. The first was the type you could trust from the first five minutes. I could call him right now, ask him to drive me to Nabraska and if it was an emergency, he would. The other was the type that likes a challenge. All a game with him. The shy one got my number, but hesitated and explained that his heart was broken. The assertive one got a firm hand shake instead of my number, and he assertively remarked that we'd meet again.
The next day the cocky one called from a mutual friend's phone.
It is just weird that the chase plays a big part of dating.
Two completely different types of men. One smart and a little introvert, the type of guy I gravitate to, and try and end up sitting next to at a dinner party. The second guy brazen, cocky in an unnecessary way. Verbally sharp, I was entertained to say the least. The first was the type you could trust from the first five minutes. I could call him right now, ask him to drive me to Nabraska and if it was an emergency, he would. The other was the type that likes a challenge. All a game with him. The shy one got my number, but hesitated and explained that his heart was broken. The assertive one got a firm hand shake instead of my number, and he assertively remarked that we'd meet again.
The next day the cocky one called from a mutual friend's phone.
It is just weird that the chase plays a big part of dating.
No comments:
Post a Comment