Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nine miles and easy don't go in the same sentence

So I'm down to less than a month before the marathon. I haven't been exactly sticking to the schedule, but I'm going to try to for the rest of the month, and eh - I'll make it ;)

Last week I did 17, and it was the first long run I'd done by myself; no lie it was not pretty.

I've been running with out headphones for about a month now, because you're not allowed to have them at the marathon. 15 was totally fine, with my running partner. At the end I even felt like I could go on a few more miles. 17 draggggggged. I walked at multiple points. Overall I was just really bored. Only one longer one - a 20 next weekend. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You can't WEAR HEADPHONES? Oh my god. Alej and I were having a discussion once about what could induce us to run a marathon, and we thought maybe someone could run in front of us wheeling a TV and we could watch, like, an entire season of Buffy. Probably two. But I guess that's out, if headphones are out. I am way more impressed with marathon-running now. I can't even walk to the grocery store without headphones. I'm wearing headphones right now.

Sarah said...

Um, as for ideas: replay an entire season of Buffy in your mind?

Heather said...

I'm just learning to run. I've probably never done more than two miles at once. I don't see myself ever competing but I can't imagine doing it without music. It would send me stark raving mad. Congratulations on doing long runs without music!