Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Cards



I'm one of those people you could find in the card aisle on any given occasion. I too frequently spend the better part of an hour perusing those the three aisles at Target, and I often get cards that I don't need just in anticipation of a future event. In some cases a well put card would mean more to me than any another gift, by far. But that is just me. Some people don't like cards.


In an interesting article about Valentine's Day
, Tyra Pacheo notes that

For the greeting card business, Valentine's Day is second only to Christmas, with 191 million cards sold annually nationwide, according to the Greeting Card Association.

Who knew that over 800 people work on Hallmark's stock product?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how different people have different philosophies of what "just the right card" means. I *LOVE* giving them to people - but only when I have painstakingly weighed all of my options and found the absolute best (but of course, this is only in my own opinion, and also after hours in the card aisle - natch). If I haven't found "the one" - I would rather just skip the whole charade! LOL - OK - this response was slightly dramatic.