Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tablescaping, and how interesing hobbies are...

I'm the last person to set the table at night for dinner, let alone use cloth napkins. Not to mention collect dishes or really even decorate at all. I already have issues with piles of things. I would not need to add dishes to that list. I cannot even remember when I fell onto this blog, but I must admit I'm a little bit mesmerized by it.

Tablescaping is a blog about setting the table.

The author collects dishes, table cloths and the like, and she writes:

"Tablescaping" to me just means creatively setting a dinner table or arranging a side table. I especially like to do it in the summer, so I can incorporate my flowers. I collect both dishes and mid-century tablecloths. I have enough of each that I can have a lot of fun playing. I rarely set a table with all the same china, glassware, etc. I like to mix and match (there really is no fun involved in simply setting out an expensive matched set of "good" china, is there?) I love the challenge of designing a unique table with just a little cash and a lot of creativity.

I didn't have time to write to her and ask permission to post a pic but check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's over the top with the matching chair covers, but I love the idea of using mix and match dishes. So much more interesting.