.
On the day between Lincoln's birthday and valentines day it is more than fitting that I got the chills watching this video. Putting a face to the 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year, these people are facing legal action that will forcibly divorce them.
Courage campaign has more details about the supreme court hearing and a petition, if you have the same reaction that I did, please help me spread the word by sharing it with your friends and family ASAP.
Email this link : http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/divorce
This day and video reminded me of two things:
One is how hard it is to find someone you want to create a life with, someone you want to start a family with, someone you want to commit to and love forever.
The second was Ellen's interview with McCain where she brought up that there is a difference between marriage and a legal contract, and that it is a lot like sitting in the back of the bus.
There is nothing respectful about discrimination.
2 comments:
you're right that was a good/sad video
I cried. Srsly. Right here at my desk. It's love, you know?
Post a Comment