Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday's Tangent: This type love

I'm kind of Dr. Jekyll an Ms. Hyde when it comes to things about men, relationships, and love. I think it is because I'm a quantitative person and I like to break things down into the most basic, rational rules, which I can then follow. The three nouns I listed in the first sentence are not easily quantified.

I qualify myself as part aspiring feminist, part girl that maybe a feminist might scoff at, like a feminalmost. This is why I decided I'd let myself devote one of the seven days of the week to blogging about men, dating and other non-rational things. I'm a sucker for a romantic movie and I've cried more than once over a guy. I'm also the first to pipe up and say I'm an independent woman, and I often wonder why our society revolves around finding someone you can trust, no matter what, for the rest of your life.

Shihan is a poet and comedian that I recently stumbled upon on a friend's myspace page with the label: "I want a love like this". I think this video satisfies the feminalmost in me. Positive words coming from a man, putting himself out there for the world to see.




10/8/9/5/11

3 comments:

Laura said...

"Just like in high school, I want to spend hours on the phone not saying sh1% kinda love." Ha!

Chantastic said...

...the good ol' days! now i don't like to be on the phone for more than a few minutes. i wonder what's changed...

hundredpushups: 15/13/10/10/15

Emily said...

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that mean?
She Got Her Own House
She Got Her Own Car
Two Jobs Work Hard U A Bad Broad