Saturday, April 4, 2009

Remembering birthdays


I'm off to a birthday party tonight and I realized that with birthdays come mixed feelings.

Since I have taken my hiatus from facebook, I haven't been having the constant reminder of birthdays. I have always kept track of birthdays, either with birthdayalarm.com or google calendar, but now facebook keeps track of them and reminds me with out having to enter it into what ever calendar I'm using. Useful.

With the advent of facebook and other networks, now you are bombarded with birthday messages, but really do those even matter? There are still the few important close friends that pick up the phone. It is great to get a card, extra points for effort, but sometimes I feel like the quick call really ranks # 1 on my thoughful meter. Even if it ends up just being a message.

For others, I really try to get in touch, but I realize that for some people they don't really care.

What do you think?

No comments: