Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crockpot = easy

Two years ago I got a crock pot, and I can't tell you how much I love it. I don't use it nearly enough, but now probably 1/2 the time I cook (which isn't all that often) I am using it.

Today after my long run, I cooked scallops in the crock pot. They were delicious, and SO easy to make. SO. EASY.

Then for some reason, probably because I eat yogurt all the time, I had this urge to make yogurt, and just by coincidence I found a recipe to make it in the crockpot! (I'll let you know how it turns out).

I found the recipe on crockpot365, a blog about using your crockpot year round. I ended up browsing through the other recipes, and there are some really great ones. Usually crockpot recipes aren't the most healthy ( the standard is pulled pork, or creamy xyz, or what not, but this site has a ton of great vegetarian recipes, which are also not eazy to come by.

I particularly like it because it is easy to navigate, and the author Stephanie always puts a picture of all the ingredients:Check it out, you will be impressed.

1 comment:

harper & beatrix said...

making yogurt is trickier than it might sound. my friend logan puts it in a crockpot on an upturned cake pan on top of his water heater. you have to find the perfect temperature.

loganlo.com

~beatrix