Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pressure to cook something fantastic.

As I've said, I'm not a big chef, especially because I live in an apartment with a electric oven from 1804, which is not exactly reliable. Most common outcome of a oven adventure is some type of baked good charred on the bottom and raw in the middle. Also another reason I use the crockpot.

Anyway, Easter is coming up. (read: must bring some type of food thing to my aunt's house). My aunt is the equivalent of a NJ Martha Stewart. Get it? So there is always a little bit of pressure to bring something "creative" (read: edible).

I'm all for a little effort, so I saw Harper from Friday I'm In Love mentioned cake balls from bakerella. So I checked it out. And it was amazing. The whole site was like a car accident, I COULDN'T LOOK AWAY.



I may attempt to make these.

Disclaimer, for my one reader (read: family member who may also be at said Easter gathering) don't be surprised it I show up with crackers and cheese.

4 comments:

Louisa said...

Thanks for the link! Bakerella is totally amazing. The sheep pops are so cute I almost can't stand it. They are definitely going on my blog this week along with some sheep cupcakes I found. If you do try making these cake pops you have to post how they come out. I'm so intrigued by them!

Mulberry Street said...

Those look so cute! Let me know how it goes if you decide to make them.

elizabeth said...

They do look adorable, but if you end up wanting to bring cheese instead, here's the Ina touch (and she's BFF with Martha, so it's essentially the same): http://www.foodnetwork.com/barefoot-contessa/say-cheese/index.html I always find that having easy backups makes tackling a more difficult project less intimidating--good luck! They look pretty delicious!

And this cracker recipe is what we made for our food & wine festival back in 2007: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-black-pepper-crackers-recipe/index.html

And, FYI--Martha Stewart is the Martha Stewart of NJ. :-) I found that out on this season of Top Chef.

Anonymous said...

just as a heads up, Martha Stewart is actually FROM New Jersey....this shouldn't surprise you, most fabulous women have their humble beginnings there :-) cannot wait to see you this weekend!!!