Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President-elect Barack Obama

If you've ever felt chills like I felt tonight, jammed into a packed bar with my dearest friends around me, listening to the speeches after it was generally accepted that Sen. Barack Obama would be the 44th president of the US, you'll know exactly how I feel right now. Overwhelmed with a sense of hope -- in all senses of the word, a word I felt was literally overused during the campaign, but that is the only one that quite fits at this moment.

What happened tonight wasn't just about politics or glass ceilings, the wars or the economy. It was about moving on, and hopefully getting to a better place. On so many levels.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was an incredible day, very emotional. And today is the same. Everyone feels the hope, the going forward, the moving on, the new day. The kids at school, even being in 6th grade, understand it is an historic event. How wonderful for them to have a role model they can relate to. Amen