This morning, in the wake of a weekend where I wore the battery dead, I'd like to bring up a crucial point. Asking to see the picture because you want to check out how you look is okay . . . once, twice, a couple times. After every single snap, it gets to be a bit much; especially in a large group of people. Deleting a great shot of ten (you know those shots are hard to organize and get everyone looking in the right direction) just because you think something looks a miss with you is not acceptable.
Suck it up.
I realize you want to look your best, as the chances now of images ending up on the internet are pretty high, but delaying LIFE, so that you can be in constant monitoring of your image is a waste of your time, and mine.
1 comment:
A very sobering exercise to get you out of this habit is to get married and hire a photographer. Seriously, looking at hundreds of pictures of you critically is a total mind-f*** and is a rather effective way of starting to get over the "check picture" syndrome.
Post a Comment