Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday's Tanget: Woops! I didn't mean to do that.

Have you ever done something embarrassing that makes you cringe? Especially when it involves someone you are interested in...?

One blogger I follow, Hope dies last, had an entry a while back entitled "I quietly cringe inside when", which made me laugh, although I feel her pain.

…Google saves my searches and someone else uses my computer. Case in point: On a cold February night last year, The Man was checking his flight details and as he typed in his search item, HIS NAME APPEARED.
DIE.

I've been there, baby, let me tell you.

I was discussing these types of scenarios with some friends and we all agree that "worst nightmare" qualification goes to when someone hears or sees something that you didn't intend them to.

Example:

My friend, and I were emailing about this guy she was seeing. She was actually cut and pasting his emails into a chain email to me because she was confused about how he was responding. You know in the beginning -- it's confusing, you're not sure what you want, what the other person wants. Well, like I said, it was a lot of back and forth -- scroll down type of conversation.

And then by accident she sent it to him. The whole conversation, which had been going on for days.

DIE. He responded "What the f*ck is this?" and that was the end of that.

A coworker told me she had a break-up conversation with an ex, whose name was next to her sisters in her phone's address book. Afterwords, she sent her sister a text about how she told him she didn't want to see him any more. That, and she wasn't sure if she should have done it even though he had treated her poorly (decidedly less confident in the text than she had been in person). Except she sent it to him instead of her sister, because she was distracted.

DIE.

I'm going to vote for worst-scenario is when you phone dials and you don't know it. It's in your purse, in your pocket, or in your bed (I sleep with it in the bed because it's my alarm), and then you check it and --nightmare-- it's dialed out. Damn it.

Especially if there was a small chance you were talking about that person with your roommate when it dialed out.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Did this worst-case scenario happen to you?