At home I've backed up my laptop with the time capsule / time machine, which is easy once you have it set up, although for someone less tech savey than me (say my mom) it wouldn't be as easy.
I'll let you know how it goes, but anything that works in the background and you don't have to prompt yourself is worth investing in. Backblaze is just for intel-based Mac (and windows) and backs up everything on your Mac except for your operating system, applications, temporary files and files exceeding 4GB in size.
So the random part of this entry is backblaze has a page where you can test your network/bandwidth speed. This is always nice to know, even if you don't give hoot about backups. I think my internet at home (TimeWarner) is pretty slow, and now when I get home I'm going to see.

The application is from ookla.com.
1 comment:
was it slower?
Post a Comment