Clutter is a problem I struggle with. I hate wasting things, especially throwing away things that I know could be of use to someone or at some point in the future. But at the same time is keeping things that I don't use worth my sanity? I feel overwhelmed just looking at piles of things accumulated on our coffee table, in my toiletries closet or on the top of my dresser. I usually end up pushing them around when I'm cleaning, but don't really have good solutions.
This is why I loved this post on Lifehack: 50 ways to make your home more organized more attractive and more efficient.
Some of them were common sense, and some were debatable (run the dishwasher often...?) but I particularly liked the following:
This is why I loved this post on Lifehack: 50 ways to make your home more organized more attractive and more efficient.
Some of them were common sense, and some were debatable (run the dishwasher often...?) but I particularly liked the following:
Take pictures of sentimental objects before giving them away or throwing them out. Like that T-shirt from that concert you want to when you were 20 years younger, 3 sizes smaller, and quite a bit more stoned. You know you won’t ever wear it again, but hold onto it because of the memories.I have a thousand "mementos", including T-shirts ... I'm going to get on that.
3 comments:
You need to check out www.storyofstuff.com. It'll give you a whole 'nother perspective on the stuff we keep accumulating!
Miss you!
Also check out flylady.com - lots of tips about organizing and fun, too. Um, I'm sure you can tell, she's really helped me a lot.
what a great idea!
Post a Comment