Meet Delilah Rene Luke the talk show host - self-dubbed the "queen of sappy love songs."I've always been interested in knowing a bit more about this smooth talking, ball of positivity heard on the radio late at night.
First off, if you're in the mood for love songs, she's great, but beyond that she's always there with a positive message - and it's not "too much". Although I do think she is quite religious, I don't feel like that drives the program, and apparently her "on-air persona is said to be remarkably identical to her real personality."
Nationally syndicated, over the airways she drips relaxation, and I love it when I by chance happen on one of her stations. It isn't just because she asks her listeners to relax, love, and think about their place in the world; there is also something quite real about the people who call in.
I don't mind that, according to Wikipedia,:
the program is especially popular among women between the ages of 25 and 54, the prime demographic in American advertising.
Delilah says that her show is a "safety zone where listeners take off their armor, slip into a 'Mr. Rogers' cardigan, sit around the electronic hearth and share their secrets."
Besides that there doesn't seem to be much more information about her... mysterious.
1 comment:
I love her too! Something about her voice is soothing, possibly also because I associate it with being at the beach with my family, where we always have the radion on (started with my Pop, as a way for it to make it seem like someone was home!). Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment