Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Overshare - this time from me

So I'm not gonna go all domestic on this blog, but I've been in search of a couch. So I was in Crate and Barrel the other day, not because I can particularly afford it but because I got a gift card there. I probably should not have done that.

I'll be damned if I didn't want to actually live in the store they have so many fabulously beautiful pieces of furniture. And a couch - the couch of my dreams.

But anyway, I was asking the sales woman which pieces were on sale and she was walking me around showing me. Looking back, I almost felt like she was a confidant. I was saying that the couches were a bit out of my price range, but since I'm moving to a new city, and I don't really know anyone, and I want to have a comfortable place, and the thing I spend the most time on (besides my bed) was the couch. On the couch in our old apartment there was basically a spot that had my name on it. I sat there all the time.... blah blah blah.

Needless to say I think she was used to the sharing of personal things from customers cause she played the role well.

If you know me - you'd know I'm not particularly esthetically oriented, but comfort is my weakness, so... I may be getting a couch from C&B - even if it means its the only thing in my apartment... for a while.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear my gift could contribute a bit to that couch! Especially since I'll be sleeping on it if I ever get myself to San Diego...

Laura said...

I'm not sure if you noticed, but that couch is very similiar to my green couch ... the first 'big' piece of real furniture I ever purchased. That was about 17 years ago. I've slept on it countless times, as have many friends/family members. I plan to re-cover it as soon as the kids stop mucking it up. So - splurge. If you ammortize it over all the years that you will have it,it will be worth it. I've been wondering what to get you for graduation/going away ... I'll be happy to contribute.

Mom said...

Don't give up on the couch!! It will still be there in a couple of months when you are more ready! mom