Friday, May 22, 2009

New direction

Today I accepted a position for next fall in San Diego.

I've lived in New Haven now for six years, five of which in the same apartment building with the same roommate. I've been in the North East for all but 8 months of my life (two summers spent in New Mexico). I'm nervous, but ready for a change.

I feel a bit like my feet can't touch the ground. Completely refreshing.

Now I just need to finish up what I'm doing here, and be on my way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! Not only are you off to some wild new adventures, but you're off to wild new adventures in San Diego! A place that's beautiful, has gorgeous weather, great academic resources, a large number of young single men courtesy of the Navy, and... a place that's spending $700K to clear a beach of seals. (The animal kind, not the Navy kind.) City councils are great everywhere, aren't they? See:
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/23/1n23seals0002-how-move-seals-dog-recordings/?metro&zIndex=104364

... But wow, wasn't that a tangent. Congratulations on the position - I hope it's absolutely amazing!

Scribbler said...

Do you mind if I ask what your field is?

Chantastic said...

CONGRATS!!!

xx Nicky said...

I'm in computational bioscience, I model molecules on the computer.

Unknown said...

Congrats Sara! I love your reading your blogs and hope that by being in San Diego many interesting stories/adventures will come up!

all the best!