Valerie Coleman Morris guest blogged on The Thin Pink Line yesterday about the financial recovery, and a quote from her father struck me:
This photograph was taken by my sister, Emily. She is an artist and blogs at Art is anything.
Throughout my life, whenever facing hard times, I remember my Dad would at some point always ask, “Valerie, why does a car have a rear view mirror?” To which I would respond, “So you know where you’ve been, Dad.” He’d nod and continue, “What happens if you look too long in the the rear view mirror instead of looking ahead?” To which I would give the now familiar and practiced response, “You won’t know where you’re going or what you’re about to run into, Dad.”As Ms. Coleman Morris implies, beyond the scope of the financial discussion, this metaphor applies ubiquitously.
This photograph was taken by my sister, Emily. She is an artist and blogs at Art is anything.
1 comment:
wow that sister of yours- she should have more people go to her website MORE OFTEN!......yeah.
yeah.
Post a Comment