Friday, November 13, 2009

What are the odds...

I went to transfer my prescriptions yesterday to a CA pharmacy. Although I have new health insurance, I have to go see the doctor to have the scripts re-prescribed, and I haven't gotten my assigned physician group yet, so it is a bit cumbersome. I decided to just go get one months worth of generic bc and front the money.

So I when I give her my name - start to say I don't have insurance, and she stops me and says your insurance covers it.

So I have one of those moments like you see a wallet on the ground and it has cash in it. I paused, but then went on to say, "no - i don't have insurance". The pharmacist shrugged - as if to say don't worry about it. Okay. . .

My first name wasn't spelled the way I spell it, so when I noted that she asked for my birth date. It was a match. Hum.

One of the two prescriptions transferred was a generic, and they only had another generic at this pharmacy, so one of the names didn't match, so finally she took pause. The addresses didn't matched.

The pharmacy had filled my scrips under this other woman with my SAME NAME and BIRTHDAY. It was CVS, so the woman wasn't local -- but still.

What are the odds? Chan?

4 comments:

Chantastic said...

lol. that is so interesting, and make me think of this entry. the odds are higher than one would think, which is why the birthday broblem is a favorite among stats profs. same name though; i don't have a ref for those calculations...

Chantastic said...

yes i am reading your blog at 2:33am, after the club.

love.

Chantel said...

There was a woman with my first and last name living in Hamden,CT at the same time I was. She was a teacher, like me. Apparently, we had the same doctor and the same hairdresser. Lots of confusion each time I went to either one, especially the hairdresser who would say things like, "Hm, you look so different today!"

Ellen said...

There was another Ellen Nichols at one of my doctors but I guess not the same date. The scary part is what if you were renewing a script and they gave you HER prescription! Beware.