Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pet Peeves: December edition

I have pet peeves (probably most notable one is my dislike of old sponges ... although xx roommate will have to confirm).

Here are the top five of the month:

1. People who spell what incorrectly... on purpose. Example : "Wots up?" or "Wut are you up to?" Does leaving ONE letter our make it that much easier?

2. Playing holiday music BEFORE thanksgiving. Walgreens chill out.

3. Characters who wear sunglasses when it is dark out. Or inside. Or inside when it is dark out.

4. People who bring their children shopping on Black Friday.

5. People who ask me a question, and the easiest thing is to just google it. Example: "Hey, do you know who the 15th president was?"


Like anyone but that 5 year old whose parents made him memorize all the presidents so he could be on the Today show knows it was James Buchanan.

Great solution to pet peeve #5 : Letmegooglethatforyou.com

"This is for all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves."

The site's answer to the 15th President question


Caught me on a cranky day due to astronomical dental costs... but this site makes me laugh: Peeve Pile
(I may have posted this before, but go a head and re-check it)

Funny from when I checked today:
Hastily wiping your hand on your pants before giving me a handshake. What was on your hand? Is it off now? May I decline this handshake? — Grome

Snifflers If you need to sniffle more than once or twice, you need to blow. Your co-workers, roommates, friends, etc do not want to listen to you sniffling over and over and over and over and over. Take a decongestant. If you're sick, stay home, away from others. If it's a nervous habit, investigate behavior modification, immediately. — mybossisanidiot

When someone is pointing out or showing you something on your laptop and TOUCHES THE SCREEN while they're doing it. I see what you mean! Smudging my screen with your post- potato chip snacking fingers is completely unnecessary, thanks. — megan m.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your bringing the children to Black Friday and raise you...a dog carrier. In J.Crew. At King of Prussia, the largest mall on the East Coast and arguably the largest U.S. mall in leasable space.

This woman had this poor dog slung around her body like a messenger bag, constantly hitting everyone as she trolled for sale items while I was there. It was INFURIATING--I'm sorry, but unless it's a service dog, dogs should NOT be allowed in F***ING MALLS!!!

OK, rant over. :-)

Laura said...

Uh oh. I'm a sniffler.

Chantastic said...

LOL. i love hearing pet peeves! so interesting, the things that make people tick... the only thing that may top sponges is tardiness?