Plenty of stereotypes of address here, but I'll refrain.
One thing that is a *bit* more popular in Cali is tattoos. According to an Associated Content article from 2006 by Anna Swan,
Tattooing appears to be evenly spread throughout the United States with the West Coast having the most per capita, with 20% of the population having at least one tattoo.Honestly, I've always wanted to get a tattoo. I just never could think of something unique enough that I would love FOREVER. I like the idea of having something special -- but hidden. A friend of mine has the same tattoo his dad and his grandfather have. I love that idea. I think it would be the most AWESOME thing ever if my gram and I went down to the tattoo shop. Ha. I'll ask her at Christmas... she's probably a more likely candidate than my mom.
Of course no one ever assumes I have a tattoo, either. Maybe I don't have the balls to get one. I've never been too great at making up my mind. I think if I don't have one when I turn 50, I'm going to go down and have the tattoo artist pick, but in the mean time every once in a while I think about what might be unique & hidden enough.
The reason I thought of this topic in general was because I saw this photo on ffffound.com
Interestingly, the article also reported that:
Tattoo statistics for men and women in the United States are now nearly even, with 16% of all American males having at least one tattoo and 15% of all American females having at least one tattoo.I guess I thought more men might have tattoos.
4 comments:
The only tattoo I really want would technically qualify as a "tramp stamp" because it would be on my lower back.
That is because I want a (good-sized) colon (the punctuation mark) right there, and have a permanent pun on my body. I'm completely serious in this. :-)
wow, i am a fan of MOST tattoos but that one on the tongue made me almost vomit. yes, it looks cool but the thought of getting that...ugh! you can get one with me and my mom this winter in breck - we're totally going!
way to kill my dream er. xo
elizabeth, check out this lit tats blog
contrariwise.com
http://www.contrariwise.org/tag/punctuation/
Post a Comment