I am really blessed to have so many people offer me a place to stay. I can't tell you how many - acquaintances even - people have offered up their couch, futon, spare room, which is beyond kind, while I ride out the last two months at work after my lease is up.
Here is the thing : being without a place that is yours is really the worst feeling. Right now I'm back and forth between my folks house and squatting at a few places near work, and its not that I want for anything, its just a place to be alone. A place to close the door, without wondering if I should be helping out, or if I am being rude by ignoring those who have put a roof over my head, if even for tonight. Even staying with my former roommate - now I'm a guest in her place, and not just a roommate. Its strange how much I took something like taking a bath for granted.
Now of course, I can pretty much do what ever I want at my parents house, that is really my home, but there is a strange sense of anxiety with all of my belongings packed into boxes and crates there, all around me, that makes me almost more calm to be somewhere with a backpack and an overnight bag. At least then I know what is what and where everything is.
It's getting to me a bit.
Sorry I've been out of touch, between finishing the dissertation, and moving out of my place at the end of June life's been a bit of a shit show.
More later
xo
4 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment